Translate

Monday, September 15, 2014

Two Weeks



Given Synopsis (viki.com):

An aimless man wakes up one day, in a pool of blood with a dead woman next to him. Jang Tae San (Lee Joon Gi) had always lived his life without much meaning, but all that changes on that ill-fated day. As he is wrongfully accused of murder, Tae San also learns that he has a daughter, Soo Jin (Lee Chae Mi), who has been diagnosed with leukemia. The next two weeks of his life will determine his fate and whether he can save his daughter’s life. “Two Weeks” is a 2013 South Korean drama series directed by Son Hyung Suk.

Review:
       Two Weeks was really interesting at first but it began to drag and I got bored as it went. I don't know if it's a pattern but if a drama is focused on action and fighting more than relationships and story line, I can't fall in love with it. This didn't leave a strong impression on me. Most likely won't watch again. However, this drama does have praise-worthy factors. It was touching and it had suspense/mystery. It was a whole package for many viewers. It just wasn't the one for me.
        The actors did an amazing job. I knew Lee Jun Ki from his previous dramas and I decided to watch it mainly because of him. The child actress was absolutely adorable.I was not familiar with the mother but she did a pretty good job at her role and you could almost feel the connection she had with the child. The whole concept of the plot--the guy suddenly finds out that he's a father after many years because he can donate body organs to his daughter because he's match, he finds out his daughter is sick, and two weeks before the surgery date, he gets caught up in a murder mystery and gets framed as the suspect. Very dramatic, very moving as he tries to reach his daughter that he felt love and guilt toward.
       It was a pretty moving concept with the sub-plot and gun and fist fights but it just never left a strong impression on me and I really don't have much to offer as to how I feel toward this. I didn't despise it but I didn't love it either. It was just "okay."

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AND GIVE SUGGESTIONS~^^