Translate

Monday, September 15, 2014

Summer's Desire

       


Given Synopsis (wikipedia): 
The story may revolve around summer's desire, but it is really a love triangle between three people colder than winter itself. Yin Xia Mo is a girl loved by two men. Luo Xi is an orphan who garnered fame and fortune with his infallible charisma. Even though others believed him to be kind and smart, he was really a cold, ruthless, and wicked man who manipulated others to get what he wanted. When he was introduced into Xia Mo's family, he fooled everyone with his sweet words-except for Xia Mo, who only saw the con artist in him. Ou Chen is a rich heir whom everyone feared, and was extremely overprotective of his high school girlfriend Yin Xia Mo. When he found out that Luo Xi was living with her, he became extremely jealous. This started a chain of events-as both boys were in love with Xia Mo, but their love for her was so all-consuming that they started a war to have her. Five years ago, Luo Xi lost and was sent away to England. Yet, Ou Chen didn't win as his action caused him to lose Xia Mo's favor and his own memory. Five years later, they met again. Would history repeat itself, and would the desires of summer enter their wintry hearts?

Review:

          This was so-so for me. All the characters were twisted and I couldn't see myself in any of them. It felt a little bit unrealistic. The two men in the love triangle did not intrigue me or satisfy me in what I thought an ideal drama man was like.  Dramas are supposed to fulfill that desire and need to know that some men out there are perfect and realistic with flaws that can be accepted. However, this one was so dark and twisted, none of the characters were normal despite how "perfect" their surrounding and status made them look. The girl was just as twisted and icy as well.
         I did not like the characters because I felt the girl was too emotionless and too unrealistic for me. Nobody is ever that dull just because they fear being loved. People have emotions that play out regardless of childhood trauma. It doesn't have to be happy but I didn't even see the pain and desperation in the girl's eyes. It made it hard for me to feel strongly toward her. I didn't like the male leads because they were either too masochistic and needy or too controlling and demanding. I couldn't like any of them. The story line progressed toward a more softer approach as it went but I still couldn't fall for the characters at the point so Summer's Desire lost it's appeal.
         The only appeal this drama held for me were the actors. I always enjoyed their works and I'm quite familiar with their intensity in acting. However, in this drama, I felt that all three could not display their full potential because there were so many stoic moments. In all honesty, I did not feel summer in this drama. It should have been called Winter's Desire for all the emotionless characters of this drama. Dark, twisted, emotionless Winter's Desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AND GIVE SUGGESTIONS~^^