Translate

Saturday, April 14, 2018

Black

                                                   


Episodes: 18

Synopsis:
This drama follows the story of a grim reaper who inhabits the human body of Han Moo Gang. As he tries to uncover the truth about a serial murder mystery, he begins to fall in love with a mortal woman named Kang Ha Ram and he also begins to learn about his life before he became a grim reaper. Kang Ha Ram has a unique ability to foresee when someone is about to die and constantly asks for the help of Han Moo Gang. As the two help one another uncover the murder mystery together, the two go through numerous trials and Han Moo Gang faces the possibility of facing a terrible fate as love is forbidden for grim reapers.

Review: 
I watched this drama on Netflix after it was recommended to me by a friend. This drama may remind viewers of other dramas that involve fantasy elements. For those who watched Master's Sun and/or Goblin, you may find that this drama is very similar. I personally found it very enjoyable and I loved the dark elements this drama had within. This drama definitely isn't filled with a lot of "happy" scenes. It is quite dark in it's own way. The characters all had dark secrets and all the characters had their lives intertwined with death, grim reapers, and the spirits of those who passed away. I thought the story line was fascinating as it dived into the lives of Kang Ha Ram, Han Moo Gang, the grim reaper, and the many characters who were fighting against the reveal of truth and justice. 
        I thought the whole concept was absolutely amazing. It was dark and imaginative. It swept me off my feet. The characters were twisted in their own way or suffered through great tragedies but it only made them more interesting to follow. The love line was complicated but a pleasure to watch. Overall, I did greatly this drama. It is not necessarily the drama I'd constantly watch over and over again as it is not completely up my alley. However, I would recommend to many others to watch this drama if they are into something dark or something filled with mystery.

2 comments:

  1. this sounds like a drama I would like to watch but is it quite dark? are there any light moments? I don't like to watch a drama if it's all dark and moody with no happy moments.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. from my memory, for the most part it was pretty dark (makes sense because it involves a lot of death and foreseeing how people would die). If you want something that's not too dark and moody, I don't think this would be a good drama to watch. I think the only thing I found pretty comedic was the conversations between other grim reapers && there are a couple of romantic scenes here and there but usually its mixed with the dark part of the drama.

      (haha sorry for my late response)

      Delete

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AND GIVE SUGGESTIONS~^^