Translate

Monday, December 29, 2014

Fated to Love You aka You Are My Destiny (KOREAN VERSION)


20 episodes 
Given  Synopsis (viki.com): 
Making a mistake after having way too many drinks can change everything. Lee Gun (Jang Hyuk) is the successor to a large company run by his family. Kim Mi Young (Jang Na Ra) is an average-looking secretary in a law firm who earned the nickname “Post-It” for her inability to say no to her colleagues who dump work on her. When the two cross paths one night after having too much to drink, they end up having a one-night stand. When Mi Young finds out afterwards that she is pregnant, what will become of them? And will Nam Se Ra (Wang Ji Won) and Daniel (Choi Jin Hyuk) just stand by and let Gun and Mi Young deal with the situation in their own way? “Fated to Love You (Korean Version)” is a 2014 South Korean drama series that is a remake of the popular 2008 Taiwanese drama by the same title.

*Beware of spoilers*
Review: 
      This drama was very similar to the original Taiwanese series but added its own quirks to the storyline. I liked how exaggerated they made Lee Gun and I loved his laugh so much. I also thought that Lee Gun's character was nicer than the Taiwanese male protagonist's character and that Kim Mi Young's character was stronger than the Taiwanese female protagonist's character. I also felt that Mi Young's family didn't play as big a role as the family did in the Taiwanese drama. However, it allowed more development between the characters without the family always on them. However, I kind of wished for more family interaction because technically they got married because their grandmother was on to them. 
        Also, for those who watched the drama, we know that something bad happens and it's very dramatic and heartwrenching. Even though my heart ached in the scene in the Korean version, I wanted more of the scene. I wished there was more moments that showed Mi Young relying solely on the comfort of the baby's companionship when Lee Gun kept going to Sera. But because they didn't have those small moments of alone time like it was shown in the Taiwanese version, I felt the crying scene didn't have much basis to it. However, I did like the visits they made to where the accident happened and how they built their relationship back from that place of pain. 
          I loved Lee Gun with short hair (the hair he had toward the end of the drama). There was a part of the drama where he suffered serious Snape hair and I couldn't take him seriously. It was hilarious. I liked this drama a lot. It had its own personality but also kept a lot of the old in it. I was reminded a lot of the Taiwanese version and though I compared the two often, I enjoyed this version. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AND GIVE SUGGESTIONS~^^