Translate

Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Parasite (Movie)



This movie was absolutely insane. If you haven't watched it, I would highly recommend it. I think it is best to go in blind (which was what I did), and so if you haven't watched it yet please do not read further!

          I am still not sure how I feel about this movie but I did enjoy it. The beginning started off feeling one type of way only to end on a fairly disturbing note. The entire movie had dark undertones throughout but it wasn't toward the end that this unsettling feeling started to take over. This movie is kind of a social commentary on class and class discrimination. The parallels and contrasts between a low socioeconomic family and a high socioeconomic family were hauntingly apparent, and it really made you question a lot of the things that were happening. I really enjoyed the metaphorical and symbolic aspects of this movie, and how they really played into the movie title of Parasite.

This is the one movie where I don't want to go in-depth as I believe it will spoil the experience for many. At the same time, I am still having trouble putting into words how I feel about this movie or what parts struck me greatly.
All in all, this was an intense watch. I enjoyed it. This definitely is living up to the hype.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AND GIVE SUGGESTIONS~^^