Translate

Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Fall in Love at First Kiss (Movie)


Movie
         I recently found out that there was a movie that was recently made based on the "It Started With A Kiss" plot. Now, I have watched as many versions of this story as possible. I've seen the Taiwanese drama, the Korean drama, the Japanese drama and all of their sequels. So when I heard that a movie was made based on this plot--best believe I was going to go and relive my middle school memories by watching it. This movie was so cute and it covered the main parts of the story. However, as it is a movie, it couldn't include everything. I think it is such a pity that this was a movie instead of a drama because the actors in this movie would've done amazingly in a series. Not to mention, their chemistry and romance was addicting and felt fresh (which is amazing considering that this plotline has been used numerous times in dramas across all countries). 
         As it is well-known the girl character is supposed to be "dumb" and below-average in many ways. While Xiang Qin still played that foolish girl who only focused on pursuing Jiang Zhi Shu, she also had more of a backbone in this movie version. It was really nice to watch her be able to say "I'm walking away from this" because she recognizes it is what she needs rather than focusing on what she wants. I think that was a great touch to this movie even though the ending clearly ends with the two of them together. In numerous other studies, Xiang Qin never really walks away on her own with that kind of strength and I really appreciated seeing that side of her character. I think it also allowed me to see her more as an equal and recognize the ways in which Zhi Shu respects her and learns from her rather than forcing the idea that he should be respecting her and learning from her. 

Super cute movie. The music was great. 
And I love that one quote where they ask: "what is the probability that the person you like also likes you?" because this was even portrayed in the OST lyrics that stated "I like you and I like my probability with you."
Another quote was her talking about how in her world, he will always shine bright but his world moves on even without her presence. The way she talks about him so full of pure love and respect allowed me to see her love for him as more genuine instead of infatuation (which I've suspected in previous dramas before). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AND GIVE SUGGESTIONS~^^