Translate

Monday, January 15, 2018

Fight My Way


Episodes: 16
Synopsis:
This story follows a group of friends in their thirties. They are all not living the life they want to live and struggle with their less-than-satisfactory situations. They are underdogs with big dreams and passions but are unable to achieve them. Go Dong Man and Choi Ae Ra are childhood friends who grew up together. Their relationship dynamic hasn't changed since they were children-- they care for one another, they bully one another, and they often argue. However, as both begin to pursue their dreams one more time, romantic feelings begin to develop.  

Review:
This year I will be trying to watch wholesome, positive dramas more often. I ended the year with "Because This Is My First Life" and I felt like my life changed. It showed me the struggles of life and the obstacles we face as women in careers, families, and relationships. It also showed me that it was okay to not know what you're doing and that things will figure themselves out eventually. After this drama, I was kind of in a drama slump. I skimmed through other dramas and just didn't feel for any of them. It took a while to find another drama that made me feel the same way and I finally decided to watch this. This drama is basically a mixture of "Because This Is My First Life" and "Reply 1997". I really enjoyed "Fight My Way". The acting, the chemistry between actors, and the story line were all very enjoyable for me. This drama did have it's share of cliche moments but the actors were very charming and charismatic in their roles, making it much more easier to watch. I would recommend this drama because it is a good mixture of romance and comedy while still showing you a slice of reality.
       Choi Ae Ra and Go Dong Man had a very interesting relationship and I really liked watching them together. While I understood Ae Ra's reasoning for not wanting Dong Man to fight toward the end, it also threw me off. Dong Man's dream has always been to fight and to redeem himself. While he has always supported Ae Ra's dreams, I felt as though Ae Ra should have returned the favor and made him feel less alone. Ae Ra was scared of him hurting himself but by refusing to stand by him toward the end, it made her seem unreliable when Dong Man spends the entire drama being there for her to rely on. As for their friends who were dating one another, I have some more things to say. I love that Ae Ra's friend grew as a person and became more independent with what she experienced in her relationship. As for the man, I have a lot more to say. I noticed that many commentators pointed out that he didn't actually cheat and they questioned why he was being treated as a cheater. Emotionally cheating is just as severe as physically cheating. It is not the fact that he has a tendency to play white knight that is the issue. The issue was him swaying emotionally, disregarding the person is he dating to conflict over someone he isn't, and also hiding things from his significant other. Why hide if he has nothing to hide? He was unfaithful emotionally.
       The other aspects that I didn't enjoy in this drama as much was the whole story line with Ae Ra's mother and also with Dong Man's ex-girlfriend coming back to try to win him back. It just seemed a little unlikely to me. So as I mentioned before, it was sort of cliche for these story lines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AND GIVE SUGGESTIONS~^^