Translate

Friday, May 8, 2020

The Sound of Your Heart

Episodes: 20
Synopsis: A sitcom-like drama following the webtoon artist Cho Seok and his adventures with his family and his wife Aebong.

Review: 
I really enjoyed this light-hearted drama. It was super easy to watch. The scenes were all different stories (very similar to a sitcom drama or a webcomic) while still telling a fairly coherent story of life. This was so funny as it highlighted the funny stories between family members and the awkward love story Cho Seok tries to build with Ae Bong. It felt real and comedic at the same time. I love how our main lead is this awkward and aspiring comic artist. He's a bit silly at times but is also very genuine. 

I highly recommend this. Kwangsoo did an amazing job in this role. I think this was definitely a role made for his awkward, lanky persona that he has constantly shown on Running Man. He played this role so well that I have a hard time even trying to watch season 2 of "The Sound of Your Heart" because they changed up the entire cast. Therefore, at least for now, I refuse to watch The Sound of Your Heart 2 because this was so good. The 2nd one from what I have seen has Sung Hoon playing the role of Cho Seok. That just doesn't feel right to me because Sung Hoon is very conventionally attractive, and has always played as the attractive male lead in other dramas. However, the awkward character of Cho Seok just seems more befitting for an actor like Kwangsoo who can really bring out the comedic effect of the character. Likewise, it was hard to invest myself into the other actors as the mom, dad, brother, and girlfriend as well. They tried to do the whole: "I made it big as a webtoon actor so they made this drama with Kwangsoo acting as me. But this is the real me" kind of story. It was a good attempt but I just couldn't get into it the way I got into this drama. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AND GIVE SUGGESTIONS~^^