Translate

Wednesday, June 13, 2018

I Am Not A Robot


Episodes: 32 
Synopsis: 
Kim Min Kyu is a successful CEO but he lives isolated from other humans due to a severe human allergy. As a way to avoid allergic reactions, he has no physical contact with any other humans and owns many robots to help him clean, take care of multiple tasks, and also interact with him. Jo Ji Ah is a young woman who has been struggling financially as she continues to pursue her dream of inventing new items and creating her own business. The two are brought together by chance as Ji Ah's ex-boyfriend, professor Hong Baek Kyun, makes an AI robot modeled after her and is to present it to Kim Min Kyu. When an accident causes the robot to malfunction, her ex-boyfriend immediately calls upon Jo Ji Ah to act as the AG3 robot to help him secure the funding for his research labs. Thus it begins a complicated story between these characters as they overcome many obstacles together such as helping with the human allergy, finding ways to not get caught, a blossoming romance, and the heartbreaking reveal of truth.

Review: 
I enjoyed this drama because it was cute and emotional at all the right times. However, I must say that this isn't one of those dramas that made a significant impact on me. I don't feel strongly about this drama despite liking it. I found it hilarious when Ji Ah had to play the role of AG3 but it just never felt plausible. As the drama went on, I was able to overcome my initial feelings of wariness and fully enjoy it as it is. A big part of it is because I started seeing more from the eyes of Kim Min Kyu where everything about this human-like robot seems unlikely, I wanted it to be true. The two had such a pure friendship and then relationship. It was truly a pleasure to watch. I also enjoyed how the two characters were able to communicate with one another clearly about the issues as things went downhill and work toward a better future. Overall, very enjoyable.

Episode 14- Kim Min Kyu being drunk and talking to Ji Ah (in robot form) about his true feelings was so heart wrenching for me. (Amazing acting)

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AND GIVE SUGGESTIONS~^^