Translate

Monday, October 9, 2017

Once Upon A Time (Three Lives Three Worlds, Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms) (Movie)

                                    

       For those who have seen my previous post about the drama version of this, you will know that I loved the complex plot and characters. I absolutely love the story behind Three Lives, Three Worlds and would recommend that drama to anyone who wants to get into a new historical-fantasy drama. So when I heard about the movie version, I was excited to see it and I finally got around to it! This movie was actually not bad but I would definitely not recommend this to people who do not know the story of Three Lives, Three Worlds. I would only recommend you watch this after watching the drama so you can understand the plot. When I first watched the drama, despite all the details and extra episodes that allowed me to catch on, I was still confused every now and then. This movie obviously had to cut down on a lot and improvise scenes to fit in with the scenario and I feel like if you watch this before knowing the story, you'll be left very confused and staring at all the gaps in the story.
       This was very beautiful still and I thought the actors and actresses in this movie were gorgeous (they had some of my favorite people on the cast -- Liu Yi Fei and Yang Yang). They did a great job conveying their emotions and were very professional in their acting. However, despite loving the actors, I still preferred the drama version more. Mostly because 1) It was the first one I watched, 2) it had more details to the story I love the most, 3) the ending was way more satisfying and on a happier note (the movie was more of a cliffhanger left for you to imagine what happens next--but would be very confusing if you didn't understand what was going on with Mo Yuan and Ye Hua looking alike).

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AND GIVE SUGGESTIONS~^^