Translate

Friday, September 1, 2017

The Eternal Love

Episodes: 24
Synopsis:
        Qu Tan Er is the second daughter of the Qu family and is in love with the First Prince, Mo Yi Huai. But instead of marrying the love of her life, she is being forced to marry Mo Yi Huai's younger brother, Mo Lian Cheng, the eighth prince of the Dong Yue Kingdom. Unwilling to accept her fate, Qu Tan Er attempts to commit suicide. When she wakes up, she finds out that another soul is also taking residence in her body along with her's. This other person is the modern day Xiao Tan.
       From the modern times, Xiao Tan is the complete opposite of Tan Er. Qu Tan Er is everything a lady ought to be during the time--quiet, reserved, and obedient. Xiao Tan, on the other hand, is loud, boisterous, strong, and assertive. As she tries to find her way back to modern times, she has to learn to deal with Qu Tan Er's family and her relationships with the princes as well. At the same time, the two girls have to learn to live with one another. Whenever one of the girls tells a lie, the other personality would take over. Things get complicated as Xiao Tan falls in love with Mo Lian Cheng while Qu Tan Er is still hopelessly in love with Mo Yi Huai.

Review:
     This drama was so lighthearted and comedic. It was funny, romantic, and it had me hooked from the first episode. I binge watched this drama while it was still airing and I loved it. There are definitely scenes where it is a bit fake or a bit childish. Xiao Tan's personality was sometimes a bit obnoxious as well but she was definitely more interesting and funnier as the story went on. The plot is not the strongest, in my opinion. However, this drama held a unique charm to itself that made it more and more interesting.
    The concept behind this drama was also so funny and interesting to me. I certainly enjoyed Modern Xiao Tan's interactions with the eighth prince more than the actual Qu Tan Er's interactions with the first prince. Qu Tan Er is everything a noblewoman would've been like in historical times but with a modern Xiao Tan to compare and contrast to, she is very boring. While Qu Tan Er and the first prince had a love story going on as well, I often looked forward to Xiao Tan and eighth prince's scenes. I even loved watching Xiao Tan act out on behalf of Qu Tan Er because I found Qu Tan Er too quiet, too weak, and too sad to do anything to change her situation.
         I loved watching Xiao Tan bicker with the eighth prince, befriend her servant, and fight back to those who tried to bully her. While Qu Tan Er would've accepted being hit by her family and bullied by concubines, Xiao Tan is the complete opposite as she fights back and defends herself in her own way. It was very refreshing to watch. There were times that I wished Xiao Tan would've been a bit more reserved because she tends to be always loud and always doing something far from ladylike. I wanted her to try to fit into the historical times the way Ruo Xi did in Bubujingxin. That being said, this drama did remind me of BBJX/Ryeo because of the concept of a modern soul put into a past incarnation of herself. However, the interesting twist in this drama is that the actual soul of the body is still present. I loved watching the personalities switch on and off whenever they lie.
         I wish the plot revolved more around the personality concept and the souls concept. I felt that it would've been interesting to watch how the two love stories progressed, how the interactions played a role in politics and at home, and so forth. I thought the magic and fantasy concept that was going on in this drama was a bit confusing and also a bit weird. I was especially disappointed with the last few episodes where they focused on the magical aspect of the story and it made me feel like I was watching a completely separate drama. The ending was alright but it felt like such a different world from the world we started falling in love with the characters in. I was a bit disappointed with the last few episodes and the ending but I still think that this drama  is worth a watch simply for the relationship and funny moments in the beginning and in between.
          The OSTs are very pretty and I really enjoyed listening to the lyrics. The actors in this drama are also fairly new and although their acting wasn't perfect or the best, I still enjoyed watching them. The eighth prince did a good job portraying a warm, caring prince to the woman he loves. I look forward to more of their work in the future as they continue to improve as actors and actresses. 

Favorite Episodes:
 Episode 3: I love how the 8th prince thinks shes playing mind games and scheming so he's trying to figure her out. Also the kiss at the last scene!!
Episode 4: When he tries to get her to push away the princess by kissing her but she doesn't play along. And then he helps tend to her wounds :)
When she was showing him her old scars and he kept saying he didn't see them because he was looking at her and not at her scars.
Episode 5: It's so funny when she fights with the other concubines.
The scene where the servant had to try to translate modern slang was so funny.
Episode 6: I love the interactions between Xiao Tan and 8th prince & that kiss
Episode 7: 8th prince is so good to her, I'm in love with his character
Episode 8: 8th prince was so happy when she yelled at the 1st prince. It was so cute.
Also: "Anyone who hurts you will become my enemy."
And I couldn't stop laughing at the part where they encountered assassins and the 8th prince ran with Xiao Tan while telling her "I'm their target." It was so funny when she said "If you're they're target, why are you dragging me?" and proceeded to argue with him while running from the assassins.
Episode 9: "I won't ever let you go again."
-when Xiao Tan finds out she's the only woman he's been with (despite having concubines)
Episode 10: 8th prince protecting Xiao Tan
Episode 11: 8th prince taking care of her
Episode 12: the pond drowning scene
Episode 20: The scene where she's giving birth and said that in the next life she's going to make the 8th prince give birth. And he willing said he'd switch with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AND GIVE SUGGESTIONS~^^